Job Ref: SPE 1447
Location: Remote Islands, Northern Fiji
Position: Expedition Guide
Salary: FJD $28,000
Expedition Guide Tui Tai Expeditions, voted by National Geographic as one of the "Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth," is looking to hire an Expedition Guide.
The position has a unique set of job duties related to the operation and guest services of our award-winning Expedition Cruise.
The position also demands a heavy amount of photo, video, blogging and maintaining of social media sites for the company
Job Duties Include: * Document each expedition through photo, video and blogging. Prepare photo/videos for sale to guests. Prepare short videos and photos for blog, youtube, flickr, facebook. * Write and publish regular updates to twitter and facebook * As a guide, Prepare for daily adventure activities including: hikes, kayak trips, mountain biking, snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing, cultural tours and more. Safety briefings, organizing gear, schedule, etc...
* Accompanying local guides on daily adventure for guide support and photography
* Supervise and provide quality control of all aspects of guests' hospitality (housekeeping, food&beverage, activities/gear)
* Provide regular contact to office/management on issues arising, maintenance/repair
* Act as first aid/medic officer onboard
* Background in guiding adventure activities
* Photography experience (digital SLR camera, HD video capability and laptop and editing ability)
* Background in hospitality a plus but not required. Attention to details and ability to work as a team to maintain the highest hospitality standards
* Background/training in adventure safety/first aid/medic
* Experience living in an exotic country, on a ship or otherwise isolated areas are pluses.
Listing Date: January 26, 2010
Please fill in the form below to contact employer
How did you find us? Questions and comments on our website are welcome. »»