Location: Siumu, Samoa
Position: Head Chef
Salary: Upon Application
POSITION: Head Chef CATEGORY: Supervisory REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Manager
• Take responsibility and ensures that the day-to-day operation of 2 kitchens, 1 bakery/pastry, chillers/ freezers, kitchen stores as well as staff canteen are in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• To ensure consistency of quality, taste, presentation, temperature of all food served in all restaurants/ bars.
• To follow Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa's food concept – “Farm to Plate”.
• Respond efficiently to guests complaints if necessary.
• Responsible and to monitor all kitchen chiller/ freezers and stores.
• Responsible and to assist f&b manager in the control and ordering of all food related items.
• Analyse and plan food sale and profitability with consultations with HOD
• Obtain maximum publicity to maintain a high profile for the F&B department.
• Control cost and minimize waste.
• Maintains an efficient program of scheduling to ensure a high standard of kitchen service with the use of minimum man-hours.
• Responsible of the HACCP hygiene & safety standards true all kitchens & stores.
• Responsible for the following up on maintenance issues related to all kitchens.
• Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example.
• Prepare reports at the end of the day, week or month including; food control to assist the monthly P&L report in assistance with the HOD
• Create/ update food menus according- Sinalei food concept and local market availability.
• Train, manage and motivate staff.
• Work in close sections with HOD on departmental objectives, operations and projects
Listing Date: November 21, 2016