Country: Cook Islands
Location: Motu Akitua, Aitutaki, Cook Islands
Position: RESORT MANAGEMENT COUPLE
Salary: On Application
Five-star Private Island Resort Manager
Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort has the prime location on the fabled Aitutaki Lagoon arguably one of the most beautiful lagoons in the world and attracts guests from all over the world. As our private island resort has an adults only policy with guests 16 years and older, we attract a lot of romantic couples, honeymooners and weddings.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Resort Manager or Resort Management couple will be responsible for all aspects of managing the resort with support from the Group Head Office on the main island of Rarotonga, a forty minute flight away.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
1. Guest Relations; and
2. Staff leadership, development and management; and
3. Sales & Marketing particularly in an online environment with intimate knowledge of social media and the OTA space; and
4. Food & Beverage Management including menu engineering, promotion of consistent and high service standards, cost management etc.; and
5. Maintenance & Engineering Management including water treatment, sewerage treatments, generators, boats, vehicles, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning etc; and
6. Finance and Accounting including profit improvement planning, financial management and reporting etc.
Skills and experience
Preference will be given to those with formal qualifications in hospitality management combined with extensive successful experience in the management of similar resorts, preferably in a South Pacific environment and achieving demonstrable results in terms of guest satisfaction, staff satisfaction and profitability.
Job benefits and perks
The position offers air transportation, onsite accommodation, meals, non-alcoholic beverages etc. and extensive leave, superannuation contribution and other benefits which will be set out in a formal two year employment contract for the successful applicant.
Listing Date: November 03, 2018