Location: 5 Ma'afu Street, Suva
Position: Strategic Partnerships Officer
The Strategic Partnerships Officer will be IUCN Oceania Regional Office’s (ORO) focal point for strategic partnerships and programme/project development (fundraising, among others) and resource mobilization. In addition, the incumbent will also play a key role in the development of effective programmes/projects at IUCN ORO
The Strategic Partnerships Officer will be IUCN ORO’s) focal point for: • Strategic partnerships • Fundraising and Resource Mobilisation
The Strategic Partnerships Officer will also play a key role in the development of effective programmes / projects at IUCN ORO. The role may require travel in the Pacific islands region.
Strategic Partnerships and Fundraising • Assist programme team in identifying and following through on strategic fundraising opportunities; • Lead engagements with Bi-lateral and Multi-lateral donor partners on projects, programmes and other strategic opportunities; • Manage donor relationships and ensure donors are fully informed on IUCN ORO business, its programmes and projects by coordinating communication with the respective parties; • Engage potential donors in developing ideas for new projects within existing programmes or new initiatives; • Manage and expand relations with donors and strategic partners throughout the project implementation phase to ensure delivery in terms of results and outcomes; remain engaged in the monitoring of progress; • Work with IUCN Members and Commissions, and with regional agencies (especially CROPs), on developing new initiatives / projects • Manage and monitor IUCN ORO’s funding portfolio (ABC List). • Engage as necessary with IUCN Head Quarters in terms of information sharing, guidelines and acceptable IUCN practices.
Resource Mobilisation (GEF & GCF) • Provide oversight and input for GEF and GCF concept development • Advise on GEF & GCF governance, including policies and decisions, as well as relations between member countries • Provide advice at a strategic level to IUCN ORO programmes and member countries on the development of GEF and GCF projects. • Manage resource mobilization by working closely with the Regional Director (RD), Regional Programme Coordinator (RPC) and Programme Heads (PHs) in identifying opportunities, prioritizing programme needs and through engagement with potential donors, develop proposals from initiation to set-up stage;
Institutional Support • Participate as an integral member of the IUCN ORO management team in meetings • Provide overall input into IUCN ORO programmes, projects, activities and initiatives and offer advice on emerging initiatives • Engage with IUCN global programmes as required. • Perform other duties as may be assigned
Project Development • Work with the RD and the RPC to identify significant opportunities for project development. In addition, coordinate and implement project development including concept and proposal writing, submission and follow-up.
COMPETENCIES • Enthusiastic commitment and vision • Professional competencies • Sound judgment and decision making • Team player
REQUIREMENTS • Advanced degree in a relevant discipline, such as Development Studies, Environmental Management, International Relations or Governance.
• Minimum of 10 years work experience with 3 to 5 years of work experience in a senior role.
• Experience in project development and implementation, and in partnership development and relationship management.
• Successful record of identifying and successfully attaining substantial funding for development project and programmes
• Knowledge of development and environment issues and complexities as they relate to the Oceania region.
• Capacity to interact effectively with a wide range of people at different levels including donors, the private sector, NGOs, and government officials
• Experience and ability to work in an international, multicultural and multi-perspective environment
• Proficient in the use of software applications including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and the ability to learn other organizational software applications
• Strong communication skills in written and spoken English, including making presentations to large and/or influential audiences.
• Highly motivated and results-oriented individual
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 19 November 2018
Listing Date: November 04, 2018