Location: Manono-Uta Upolu Samoa
Position: Sous Chef
Salary: On Application
Chef/Cook Sous Chef
Talofa! Be part of Le Vasa's Sustainable Tourism Resort Team - We have an authentic Polynesian oceanfront resort nestled on the Samoan island of Upolu in Manono-uta a short drive from Faleolo International airport. Le Vasa’s restaurant Cocolin's by the Sea, serves South Pacific-infused International cuisine and the Ugly Mermaid is a full bar. The resort has 18 bungalows and rooms and offers a range of authentic Samoan cultural activities and adventures, Samoan wellness treatments, water activities, fishing charters, and romantic sunset cruising.
We are looking for a Sous Chef to help deliver Le Vasa’s goal, to maintain our great reputation for delicious food, using Samoa’s local products, and maintaining a high level of Health and Safety in our day-to-day operations. A chef who is passionate about the food they prepare for in-house guests and outside walk-ins from the heart.
• Create Delicious food, using our local products, and maintain a high level of Health and Safety in our day-to-day operations.
• To ensure consistency of quality, taste, presentation, and temperature of all food served in the restaurant.
• Le Vasa is a sustainable resort aiming to introduce local “Farm to Plate” into our restaurant.
• Respond efficiently to guests’ complaints if necessary.
• Responsible to monitor all kitchen chillers/ freezers.
• Responsible to assist with ordering all food-related items.
• Control cost, minimize waste and report to Maintenance for repairs.
• Work as a team and lead by example.
• Prepare inventory and performance reports weekly.
• Assist with training, managing, and encouraging staff to do their best and work as a team.
Live and work on-site, salary, food, and room are included in the package.
We look forward to you welcoming you to the Le Vasa family soon!
Listing Date: June 16, 2022